Nov 28, 2010

Hanger Magazine AW 2010 Launch Party

Photobucket

Last night saw the launching party of biannual streetwear fashion magazine Hanger  for their AW 2010/2011 issue. It was hosted by none other than the boisterous  PR extraordinaire Amri Rahim. A magazine under the JUICE publication, currently this is the third issue of Hanger. Its main focus is street fashion;  the current issue boasts editorials by local stylists with majority of clothing curated by Malaysian designers.

Photobucket

Photobucket
It is such a rare occasion that I attend such launch parties (thanks to my day job of course). I was honestly excited by how the attendees were fashionably dressed - we're talking about all sorts of styles imaginable here; from the preppy and dandy  downright to androgynous and experimental. It was such an eclectic mix of crowd!

Photobucket
Look at that b***h in heels - fabulosity I'm smelling here!

Photobucket
The jovial Amri Rahim in his equally adorable Supremebeing sweater and sunglasses by Walter Van Beirendonck, which are both available at MUSA Avenue K

Photobucket
The party was set at the fabulous Hex Sensory Room, in Menara Mustapa Kamal - I can't stop gushing at the minimalistic / eco-friendly aesthetics of the building in general

Outfit-wise, I did not really oblige to the 'Hot in the City' theme that night. My outfit was basically a random mishmash of things that I gathered for the past 2 years.
Photobucket

Photobucket


PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
I was wearing a thrifted patchwork shirt (customised from a very baggy woman's size), Beyond Retro Stockholm bow tie, Topman khaki pants, vintage shoes from Paris, socks from Happy Socks by Wong Wong, Muji cotton kimono/cape and Kipling x Peter Pilotto bag.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


And the new addition to the bag family is the Kipling x Peter Pilotto messenger, which is a recent find that I acquired at 60% off the retail price. Officially I'm quite a satisfied consumer after purchasing it - the plastic bangles print and the vibrant colors just made me hooked to using it everyday HAHA.

We ended the night by dancing away to techno and the occasional R&B. Here's hoping to attending more fashion-related events, if my day job permits that is...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...