Nov 13, 2012

Margiela fever

I suppose you are getting pretty tired to see endless entries regarding THE Margiela, but we could not hide our excitement on their upcoming collaboration with H&M (another three days left, have you eyed on any specific pieces?). True, the designer has left his eponymous brand but the nostalgia definitely lingers. Doing re-editions at a mass scale is a pretty brilliant move to introduce the enigmatic brand to the more 'commercial' world, at least to me, personally...

I'm sooo excited to have acquired a few Margiela-related pieces previously (some are vintage from Labels Inc, and some are from their MM6 x Opening Ceremony line that I scored during the Musa sales). Regretfully I rarely wear them out. This might sound pathetic but the reason being I truly cherish the pieces and I fear ruining them from over-wearing!

Hopefully the impending H&M collaboration will provide me another Margiela piece (albeit not truly authentic I'm satisfied enough; to those MMM elitist/purist fans, go away to your regular MMM boutique, thanks). In fact the launch which is barely a few days left pushed me to style up and wear my personal pieces, that serve as a memento, just in case I could not get hold of the high street pieces come November 15th. The date will surely be anticipated with excessive palpitations...

MM6 x Opening Ceremony palazzo pants, worn with Zara blazer, Uniqlo striped tee, eBay belt


MM6 x Opening Ceremony paneled t-shirt. Worn with Muji pants, Adidas Originals sneakers, thrifted Tesco blazer

MM6 x Opening Ceremony calfskin shoulder bag, worn with Undercover x Uniqlo cashmere cardigan, Christopher Kane t-shirt, vintage dad's shorts, eBay belt, Adidas Originals boat shoes

Maison Martin Margiela shoes, worn with Armani Exchange shirt, Uniqlo pants, eBay belt, Comme des Garcons wallet

Maison Martin Margiela mohair-paneled long sleeved shirt, worn with Cheap Monday patch jeans, Lanvin clogs, H by Harris lambskin laptop sleeve


MM6 x Opening Ceremony blazer, worn with Christopher Kane 'lava lamp' t-shirt, Zara pants, Ermenegildo Zegna reversible belt


words by Hafidzudin
twitter@naboonies


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...