Dec 19, 2009

The final installation...

...of the Singapore-related entry. And beware, 'cause it's going to be a rather lengthy one I might add.

Photobucket
Maybe you'll yawn if I say Orchard road for the n-th time, but I simply can't stop harping about this street. Whatever it is, they're all ready to celebrate Xmas this year with their full-blown neon decorations and a gigantic Christmas tree that is so humongous visitors can actually go inside the tree! Yes, below is how the inside of the tree looks like. Completely stunning...it's like watching the stars at night up-close.

Photobucket
Window shopping in ION Orchard can't even be any more fun than playing an illegal photo-blogger taking pictures of luxury brands window displays.

Marc Jacobs is always quirky with the fluorescent color and 80's styling (a bit overplayed these days but Marc still pulls it off quite well may i say).
Photobucket

Louis Vuitton - Waking up in Las Vegas anyone?
Photobucket

Luxury brands always have the best.. erm.. what-do-they-call-it billboard with their logos on. (please enlighten me for I could not find the proper term for it)

PRADA
Photobucket

Chanel - this I can use as my desktop wallpaper
Photobucket

Armani- Initially we're kind of impressed by the marble effect but upon closer inspection it's just some marble-print sticker which tend to peel of if scraped.Huh!
Photobucket
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next, very fine day...

A short walk along Ann Siang Hill makes me want to live in Singapore (well in this part of town specifically) because all the shop houses are so adorable and still retain the original post-colonial architecture yet have a modern twist at the same time - most of these historical buildings are converted to design-conscious independent boutiques, art galleries or quaint little cafes. And the painted? tiles remind me of the ones in Malacca. I went to Style:Nordic, the brands that they carry are quintessentially Swedish (with heavyweight Swedish labels like Tiger of Sweden, Filippa K  and Minimarket .It was a bit unfortunate that the shop owner (a Scandinavian man himself I presume) did not allow me to take pics of his well-arranged pieces including very typically Scandinavian decor items and kitschy gift pieces...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


A trip to an art/design/fashion bookstore that I couldn't remember the name...The fact that they have this somewhat romantic poem on the drape of their storefront allures me to enter the premise.
Photobucket

The photography book by the renowned Juergen Teller (remember those Marc Jacobs ads?)
Photobucket

Another random kitschy item! I presume the rolled films are from their visitors' collection (or perhaps the shop-owners' themselves). I'm intrigued by what's inside the film with the tag 'Rojak'..
Photobucket


Suddenly this simple tote reminds me of the 6 years spent in Russia...what's written on the bag you wonder? It's 'camera'.
Photobucket


And  time to snap some outfit pics!
Photobucket
THIN HO association? I did not realise it until I posted this entry... cracked me up instantly HAHAHA!

Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm wearing Carolyn Massey for Topman sailor shirt, H&M jeans, vintage shoes, vintage envelope clutch, Guess watch
 

3 comments:

angelus_izika said...

how i wish i was there!

Linolumixa said...

Haha, the most exact word (that I can think of) to describe the 'billboard with their logos on' is either cladding or façade.

Emma Homestay Bandar Tasik Puteri said...

Thanks, now i'm learning a new word everyday haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...