Nov 15, 2011

Substituting Prada brogues

My sole internet connection (that shoddy uMobile plug-in USB kind) has turned its back on me by reaching its measly quota. And you probably know what that means - a pathetic slower-than-snail speed that is literally only apt for loading text-based pages!

 So basically I'm typing this post from a nearby cyber cafe, where adolescents who just reached puberty enjoy surfing Youtube for that latest Malay song hits...

But anyways, I thought that I'm sharing this - my previous jaunt to Singapore yielded a new pair of footwear from Comme des Garcons SS2011 that is hopefully going to be my reliable next height-enhancing shoes after the Prada elevated brogues...

To me this platform version, compared to Prada's ones which are more exuberant and perhaps showier, is comparatively quieter and has its own playful / quirky feel that Japanese designers like Rei Kawakubo often exude...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The shoes possess an intriguing look complimented by the textural calf-leather with brogueing, and finished off with the sturdy and reliable rubber Vibram sole.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I'm not exaggerating when I say the shoes might come in handy especially during our monsoon season... I've already got away from the small potholes on the streets from soaking my pants, all thanks to the additional inch from the platforms, and thankfully I don't have to worry so much about ruining the sole, unlike the Prada SS11 ones...
Photobucket
Wearing Incubus cardigan, Uniqlo breton-stripe tee, custom-tailored Guess jeans, accessorised with a brooch and bracelet from Topman, and belt from eBay, Muji socks and Comme des Garcons shoes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...