Oct 24, 2012

Black and Yohji Yamamoto

Those who have been following Dunia Fashyon are well aware that I prefer colour and pattern over dreary hues in my outfits. But sometimes I just feel like wearing predominantly black clothes. This stands at the opposite spectrum of my philosophy - on the contrary, black is actually an absence of colour. But undeniably black has the ability to give this weird feeling of empowerment - all of the sudden you look slimmer, slicker, more elegant.


A relaxedly tailored linen blazer, the unconventional trousers silhouette, the white sneakers - things that seem fresh in my outfit principles. I've been reading a book about Yohji Yamamoto which contains tonnes of pictures of his earlier creations (can't wait to share the images!). His convictions of using less color perhaps make his work of art stand out more. Somehow wearing this drop-crotch pants remind me of his peculiar cuts. Or perhaps Rei Kawakubo's? - at some point Yohji did have a professional relationship with Rei, so it;s difficult to say who influenced who in this case...


I wish to be many things when I grow older, and to grow old in Yohji Yamamoto is definitely one of the plans I have in mind. And this almost all-black ensemble can suitably be a pauper's imitation to begin with...

Wearing thrifted Atmosphere linen blazer, Giordano t-shirt, Seed pants, MM6 x Opening Ceremony bag, Adidas Originals leather sneakers, eBay sunglasses


words by Hafidzudin
twitter@naboonies


1 comment:

thompsonboy said...

Great taste!! I have the same pants..hahahah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...