Aug 17, 2011

The final Uniqlo x Jil Sander collaboration

 I for one am a big fan of retail giants x designer collaborations which give access to the public, allowing  good design, tailoring and construction at reasonable price. As many of you would have known the final +J collection will be for the autumn/winter 2011 season. This without question saddens me as I like the collections' crisp white shirts which are impeccable and surprisingly quite nicely tailored. No more talk about getting plenty of bang for the buck after this, I guess...

The final collection, however soothingly ends with an excellent line-up of outerwear. The signature quiet elements of details in the coats, jackets and blazers are evident in this collection. As usual the colors of the pieces are mostly muted, but there is a pop of color or two like the magenta cardigan. The combination of quilted gillet and blazer is also refreshing - had I been in a more temperate climate I might give that look a try.

I reckon all good things come to an end, but the optimism will stay high - the +J collection will later be replaced by Uniqlo's collaboration with Undercover's Jun Takahashi. A very intriguing project indeed...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
images via Hypebeast





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...