Aug 9, 2011

Pattern bonanza with Limedrop

I might just sound like a jaded Courts Mammoth promotional Hari Raya flyer, but it's quite difficult for me not to notice this Australian label's bold prints and patterns and practically transform into advertorial mode by yapping about how good their designs look (well, online at least). Such is their trademark that Limedrop's creations has slowly garnering attention from the fashion circuit and it has even graced the back of super blogger Susie Lau from Style Bubble.

Limedrop is an Australian fashion label that captures the imagination and spirit of possibilities. The duo behind the label  Clea Garrick and Nathan Price have used clear lines, bold colours, structured pieces and curious proportions peppered with a sense of playful irreverence for their collections...

It is old news that a mixture of prints on garments is just right up my alley. If I had the chance I'd very much like to acquire their Autumn/Winter 2010 offerings in the form of the cumulus prints...

Photobucket
               cloud silk Spanish jacket from their Silver Lining collection


...and I should be rejoicing if I could get hold of the beautiful lake scene from Spring/Summer 2011...
Photobucket
Far From Home collection - Summer lake silk twill tuxedo park jacket

For Spring/Summer 2012 they have the similar recipe of using vivid and bold prints, but somehow taking a slightly different direction by producing prints that are not directly related to natural elements...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have this wishful thinking that someone out there would listen to my prayer and sponsor me one of the sweet jackets 'coz I definitely can't afford them by myself...



2 comments:

umar sharif said...

LOVING the cloud blazer!! eventho Im more of a monochrome person meself. tho if Mary Katrantzou made a mens blazer with that interiors almost-3d-pattern thing on it Id cream in my pants.

Anonymous said...

Yes it definitely reminds me of Katrantzou's stuff but unfortunately she doesn't do menswear yet. I maybe the first one to grab if she started to make one haha!

Dunia Fashyon via BlackBerry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...