Jan 15, 2009

Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair

I admit Scandinavian labels especially the ones from Sweden make me go ga-ga over their minimalistic aesthetics (and those chiseled models, of course HAHA). This obsession was primarily fueled by my first gawk at The Sartorialist over a year ago, when Mr. Schuman was in Stockholm.

My summer trip to Scandinavia perpetuates my love for Swedish fashion. I feel deep in my heart someday I'll be back there again!

During my visit I had the chance hunting for local labels (Cheap Monday anyone?). Now being bombarded with a spew of information from all over the web I found yet another Swedish label with impeccable tailoring that makes my knees week.

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting, Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair S/S 2009 (yes,the first thought which came into my mind was "Does this label sell shoes at all?". I was completely wrong after learning from their website that they sell precisely cut clothing...)




the scallop detail on the collar is unexpected









I wonder if I could personally pull this off






Attention to detail - the structures: hot hot hot!


Are you drooling over the quirky details already?

The fact that this label is available at The Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur makes my heart leap with joy, despite the predictable sky high price (pour moi, at least) I'll definitely frequent this shop come summer when I'm back home!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

IM NOT A FAN OF THE QUIRKY DESIGN, I JUST WANT TO TEAR THOSE CLOTHES OFF (OMG! SO I CAN SEE THOSE MODELS BODY)AND RESEW IT PROPERLY

Aaron Brown said...

I like the botton-down shirt.

Ian Brown said...

I'm not that familiar with Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair. I saw a few things last year but I didn't pay much attention. After their win at the ELLE Galan, I really think I should give this label a closer look.

My initial impression is that they have a strangely japanese aesthetic for Swedish designers.

Glutlicht. said...

I agree, I also should consider the label much more. It looks interesting :)

Emma Homestay Bandar Tasik Puteri said...

b: don't rip off the clothes! to precious.. haha

aaron brown: yeah, beautiful yes?

Ian Brown: I'm also new this label, but I think there's something special about it, it's a balance between simplicity and quirkiness. The japanese flavour is pretty evident here, the details especially.

lilien: you should, yay for fresh (relatively) talents!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...