May 29, 2010

Being outside but homey, with Gaga in hand

Photobucket
Last Saturday was my first time eating out at this great looking restaurant The Apartment. Nested at the end of Suria KLCC building, this restaurant faces KLCC park which offers a breathtaking view of the Golden Triangle's skyline.

The theme of the food is fusion, I think (okay I'm the worst food critic so spare some credit will ya)
 What I ate (sans fancy name of the dishes, because I simply forgot, bien sur!):
1) pasta with strands of duck meat
2) kerabu-like dish (with again, strands of duck meat)
3) tapas - which comes as a slice of nearly-cooked beef. The funny story is this was the first time I ate tapas (I always imagined they are served with crunchy nachos) . Turns out that 'tapas' is actually a light snack/ an appetizer. D'oh!
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was so good to see these familiar faces again. We ate and chat all night long! Luckily there was not so much patron that night, even though it was Saturday night, so that we could comfortable talked about personal things and not worry about people eavesdropping or whatnot (paranoid me!)
Photobucket
I especially like how the decor of The Apartment resembles, well, an apartment. It felt so cosy relaxing on the sofa after our meal.

Before seeing Helmi and Safwan I did a little book shopping. What I had in my mind- no medical books please! So this is what I bought...
Photobucket
Lady Gaga - Behind The Fame

Now, now, I know she is just a pop idol but the story behind her success is so inspiring! She started small and humble as a burlesque dancer but with a big dream. After years of rejection, she finally had the opportunity to shine with great numbers which obviously dominates the world's dance/pop scene.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
What I wore that night (excuse the grainy photos) - Margiela shirt with ?mohair detail, Topman slacks, vintage Parisian lace-ups and vintage Russian bag/clutch. Yes, handbag for guys please.

Have a great weekend!

And lesson to self, tapas does not equate nachos!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...