Nov 22, 2010

Whimsical trend - boxer shorts over pants + Dries Van Noten SS10

This is yet another addition to my sparse (or only one, may I say) whimsical trend entry. Today I decided to experiment with wearing a pair of boxer shorts over the pants. I actually bought the boxers from GAP because mainly I'm attracted to what I think resembles the ikat print which reminds me of Dries Van Noten's SS2010 collection (among my favourite collection from the designer so far). At RM45 a pop I think it is rather pricey for a cotton undergarment, but I feel that it is somehow justified by its vivid and interesting graphic.


Photobucket

 I could imagine this outfit worn at fun night-outs with friends, or, given its sleep-wear influence, can be perhaps worn to a chill movie night that might end with pillow talk hahaha! I know that it's quite impractical to wear boxer shorts over pants but in this case I opted to layer them up on a pair of breezy, lightweight harem pants from Topshop (another d'ohhh moment to add to my diary - I acquired them full-priced but to find the cost halved two months later with its stock in abundance at Topshops all around KL). Perhaps this can provide an alternative to shorts-over-leggings trend that has seen its share the past two seasons?

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
I am wearing thrift shirt, Gap boxer shorts, Topshop harem pants, Lanvin clogs, Muji socks, eBay glasses, Swatch watch




1 comment:

Joyce said...

what's your email? can't find it on your blog, do email me at joycethefairy@gmail.com ! wanna ask you to join us in something!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...