Jan 23, 2011

Chic POP!

Photobucket

  Finally I managed to get my bum to this wildly popular street/flea market event! It was not surprising that the 6th installment of the event  organised by Tongue in Chic  lured the majority young attendees to flock to Jaya One in Petaling Jaya. Most are in their early teens and twenties who are ready to spend their bucks on the moderately priced items on sale that day.

The event itself is a mish mash of online blogshops and their virtual counterparts selling new, vintage  and ‘pre-loved’  items (who invented this word? It’s genius – you actually sugar coat ‘second-hand’ when you say pre-loved). Miscellaneous items included jewelleries, shoes and even books and Lomo cameras. Yes, as you might have known in reality the event was full of online blogshops selling what I think as utterly trendy and super cutesy/girly even for my taste. But nonetheless there was still a ray of hope for the guys as there were options, albeit limited, mainly comprising of  T-shirts and accessories like vintage (or vintage-inspired) sunglasses.

One of the few guy options that I stumbled upon was the debut menswear offering from the Ugly Duckling Closet. The price tag of RM129 per shirt is quite steep and was discernible  from the rest of Chic POP… However on closer inspection the fabric is soft to touch and there are some additional details for example the white tab-collared shirt...

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Vintage can’t never be any better with Lah’Lah’Land. I frequently see this label at various other flea markets, and heck they were even my neighboring seller during the Leftblock Junkyard sale. Most of the pieces are well selected so there was no problem finding things that I like.

Photobucket

The next-door neighbor Frugal Mugal also offered some great vintage options, but mostly for girls I'm afraid.
Photobucket

This was also the venue for Pestle and Mortar Clothing to promote their screen print t-shirts inspired by typical Malaysian / Kuala Lumpur lifestyle  (specific post for this homegrown T-shirt label is obviously warranted).
Photobucket

And a slew of pictures randomly picked that day…First up - the celebrity culture as literally interpreted on these tank tops:
Photobucket

The cutesy/girly focus that I was talking about was evident in these tops...
Photobucket

Photobucket

I almost snagged this brown blazer but at RM 79 I did not think it was a sensible purchase...
Photobucket

An array of jeweleries/ brooches/ badges for the customers...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Felt bow-tie head bands from Lah'Lah' Land..
Photobucket

Some of the interesting printed tops that my sister was eyeing on (but not purchased, alas)
Photobucket

And perhaps if this top had a more masculine cut I could possibly add it to my polka-dot collection?
Photobucket

This mandarin-collared top is full of details and was actually priced at RM10 only! Too bad had it was a bit bigger I'd contemplate to purchase it...
Photobucket

The print is reminiscent of a giraffe - unfortunately the pants are priced at RM55, a bit pricey for secondhand I feel.
Photobucket


It's all in the details:
Photobucket


Besides fashion, there were other items as well like Lomo cameras (the most adorable one would be the Lego-inspired mini camera)
Photobucket
Photobucket

3D pop-out books were even on sale that day...
Photobucket

The people who came also fair quite well at dressing up for the event...
Photobucket

And finally.. I almost laughed out loud when I saw this...Anyone up for Karl Lagerfeld in a tribal make-up?
Photobucket

Oh Mr Raf Simons please don't be mad for the blatant advertising of your label...
Photobucket

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...